Saturday, March 14, 2009

Day 2: Daycare- DISASTER

I guess "disaster" may be a little extreme but naptime at daycare today was terrible. Kate screamed from 12:30-2:00. She finally fell asleep on her own at 2:15. But then did sleep until 3:30...which is way later than usual at daycare. Luckily all the kids were taking long naps so it was still quiet.

The crying was definitely bad for 2 reasons: the other kids were trying to sleep and it was causing a few kids to act up and not stay on their beds AND it was REALLY sad. She was miserable.

But more annoying than the crying was that she kept crying "Mommy Up-a" so I'd snuggle her close to me over by her bed. Then right when I'd think she was calming down she'd say "lay down" then "Mommy leave." So I'd leave her alone only for her to repeat the same exact thing OVER and OVER again for an hour and a half!

But we survived. Bedtime was perfect again. So not too bad overall I guess.

Right now she's napping-Day 3 nap with no binky. We were out shopping though until 2:30 so she crashed in the car.

Anyways...that's the end of my binky update. I think it'll just only get better from here. We're getting there.

My sister and her family came up to visit us. Here's my sister, me, Kate and my niece Leslee.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Lexie hasn't taken a binkie since she was 4 or 5 months old...so I have a hard time relating to all of this drama. But I was thinking after reading your posts that I can't imagine being the mom who lets her kid still have a binkie at age 3 (the kid you talked about in day care) but then I realized that my baby will probably still be sucking her thumb at age three...and beyond. So who am I to judge. :) I have loved that she sucks her thumb, but it is going to be very tricky to wean her from because it's attached to her! So perhaps the bright side of your struggle is that at least you don't have to wean her from her thumb. :) It sounds like she is making progress though! I'm sure she'll adjust quickly. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I really love that pic of us 4.Thank you for having us up this weekend.Sorry we had to cut it short.On a good note I stayed at work till 9 then went out with some of the ppl from work,and had a great time.Thank you again and we Love you guys