Thursday, March 12, 2009

Day 1- Success

Tonight is the end of day 1 being binky-free for Kate! It was an unexpected move that happened this morning because her blue binky (her favorite) got a hole in it. She put it in the garbage. So I asked her if she wanted to put her pink one in the garbage too! She did! (Dustin quickly took it out when she wasn't looking) We'll fast forward to nap time.
12:45- crying for binky. I go get them and finish cutting them so they can't be used.

12:50-realizes they are broken and cannot use them...continues crying

12:50-says "I wake up" and goes back out to play

1:00-go back into room and put her mattress on the floor so I can lay with her

1:25-3:00 ASLEEP!


(I realize you can't see she's not using her binky but you understand I didn't want to wake her!)

Fast forward again to bedtime.
8:15-snuggle with mommy on my bed while I watch tv

8:30-ASLEEP! I just laid her in bed like normal and she went right to sleep!

WISH ME LUCK FOR TOMORROW AT DAYCARE!!

I wasn't expecting to get rid of her binky quite yet but with her 2nd birthday coming up next month and the baby on the way, I thought what a better time. I walked past a boy in the 3 year old room at daycare the other day with a binky in his mouth and decided I didn't want that to be Kate. I know tomorrow will be rough at daycare but I'm sure I'm doing the right thing.

Right?????!!!

5 comments:

beapinkal said...

right! You're doing the right thing. We did the same thing with Bence's pacifier when we wanted him to stop using it.(especially because he kept it in his mouth all the time) So we cut a big hole (sp) on it. He still used it for a day and then he quit. good luck

Unknown said...

Totally the right thing. I was glad we got rid of Noa's well before Isca was born. That way he wasn't jealous of hers and didn't try to steal it, which was so nice!

Katie Rod said...

Those changes which affect sleeping are so hard. But, things seem to have gone well, so good luck! I am sure she'll forget about it, soon...I hope. :)

Erica said...

You are doing the right thing!!! It only gets easier from here on out :)

Cassi said...

I'm not gonna lie,, it's a hard few days when the binky is gone but they forget pretty fast thank goodnes! Let me know how daycare went!