Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A MUCH needed escape!

I went away on girls' trip this weekend and it was FANTASTIC!! It was my first time ever away from either of my kids for the weekend. Again I say "FANTASTIC!!" I went to a bachelorette party for one of my old friends from high school, well actually grade school. We went to Put-In-Bay in Ohio. You take a ferry across to the island. It was crazy!! We were not prepared for what goes on there but it was a great time! It was like a giant frat party! Our pool had a swim up bar and a DJ. It reminded me of spring break I see on TV!! I think we are all past those days but it was VERY fun! Definitely a much needed escape! I stayed up until 4am, slept until 10, lounged by the pool all afternoon, took 2 hours to get ready to go to dinner, danced at a bar all night, and enjoyed being with children-less girls!! AAAhhhhhhh!!! A GREAT TIME!! I already want to do it again!!

Riding on the ferry to the island.


Group shot


Me with 2 good friends


May flies- apparently these may flies come out on the island for 2-3 weeks out of the year when the weather changes. Of course we happened to be there during that time. These things were everywhere. When you look up, they are just hovering over you! When you walk down the road, you just crunch them. It was really gross!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I'm really glad to hear you went away for the much needed time away.Glad to see you all had a good time and partied it up

Kristyn said...

What a fun time! I'm going on one with my friends in a month and this may me even more excited!! I'm so glad you got away for a while. Doesn't everyone deserve a trip like this a little more often?!