I'd like to think I'm not a bad mom...but this past week, I can't be too sure. I literally cannot take Kate's behavior anymore. She has been so full of tantrums, screaming, throwing things, telling me no and lots and lots and lots of crying. I lose control of my emotions sometimes and cannot take it at all. I try to be nice. I try to be understanding. I try to ignore it. Then I just get really pissed about it. That would be when I feel the bad mother coming through. I get SO mad. (understatement) Definitely madder than I'd ever like to see myself at my 3-year old that I love more than life itself. I don't want to be so mean to her. I don't want to scream at her. But I feel like I've tried everything. All my old "tricks" don't work anymore. It used to be so easy to get her to listen and do what she was supposed to. But she is way too strong willed for that.
Well tomorrow will be another fun-filled, high-emotion filled day, so I'd better rest up to be able to tackle it all over again.
Sigh...
Monday, June 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
If you are a bad mom, then I am, too, because I feel exactly the same way some days. But really, I think we're just pretty normal. I can tell just from your blog how much you love your kids and how hard you try to be a good mom....so just keep taking it a day at a time. The terrible two's can't last forever, right!? Let's hope not at least. :)
I think we've all been there. I know I have. Its a constant struggle for me not to lose my temper with Coop. I pray for help every night and try to stay focused on it through out the day. But some days he just puts me over the top...like today for instance. Not a good day here either. But I love that every day is a new day and we have a chance every morning to wake up and TRY and make it a better day than yesterday. Hang in there Jen, you're doing the best you can and with every experience you learn more!
Oh I think you are normal! people that say they never get mad at their kids are either lying or should be exalted.
I find getting some me time in really helps me control my emotions.
I feel the same way lately! I love my kids so much, but they can make me so angry! I really like this blog (http://askingjane.blogspot.com/)- maybe it can give you some extra insight! Good luck and please share if you come up with any brilliant ideas!
Jen! If I lived closer I would come over and would just talk. I have no advice for you, but I could lament. :) I've heard that every parent has an age with each of their kids that is just especially hard for them. I've asked my mom several times is 3 is just 'that' age for me and Thacks. I don't want to yell either, or get mad. But I do both. I hate it. I will tell you this, a friend with older kids than me always tells me that it will ALL pass. Duh, right? But really, it will. New things will come up, old things will die down, and you'll get your bearings over the new things too. Love you Jen!
Yeah, I hear ya. This is a very stinky age. It's gotta get better, right??? I sure hope so!
i hear ya. everything to the tee can apply to me. i think that just means you and i are in need of a phone call!!! call me soon and we can mope and laugh and feel each other's pain - and then make each other feel completely normal and wonderful too :)
Jenn as a mom of 2 grown girls I can tell you and all the other Mom's out there it will all pass it may see like it will never end the crying for you and your kids and the yelling,screaming the fits but it will pass.Kate is just learning to express herself in new ways Mom always told me that so maybe passing this down will help you.At the time I thought Mom didn't know what the heck she was talking about but remember she did this age times 2 and you guys and Mom both survived.Just count to 10 take a few deep breaths and start over if you have to but it will get better.And as someone said take you time you do need it raising 2 young children can be rough but you are a GREAT MOM!!!! You learned from the best,I Love you
Post a Comment