Sunday, February 21, 2010

Beware of Grandmas!! (or just nosey people everwhere!)

At Target yesterday this lady comes up to my cart and as she is reaching for Jack's blanket says, "Do you mind if I take this blanket off of his nose? Just a Nana over here..." What the heck?!!? OF COURSE I MIND!! Of course, she had already reached over and took it off of him before I even knew what was going on. Please don't touch my baby or his stuff!! And please don't tell me how to parent my child!! I like the blanket by his face, THANK you very much!

Does this happen to you or am I just a magnet for people like this?? It seems like everywhere I go, people find it appropriate to tell me how to take care of my babies!

7 comments:

Sharon said...

the same thing goes on everywhere I remember when Leslee was a baby they all come over and wanted to touch her cause of her red hair. And with Sara well they all said she looked like the Gerber baby. I wanted to scream so ur not the only 1 it does happen to everyone I think at some point of their baby's lives.

Alys said...

Uh, that would really bother me, too. No stranger has really said too much to me as far as offering parenting advice. And, I must scare the people at church because not too many people bug me there either.

Kristyn said...

Some woman at the grocery store said something to me last week. It was so annoying. That was the first time though. And you're right, it IS always the grandmas. That's who would always tell me I was huuuge when pregnant. Gotta love 'em!

Kristin Hanson said...

Yup, I've had it happen to me both in UT and CA. More so in UT, but no less annoying there than here. It's great that people love babies, but you can love them from a far. No contact necessary.

EatRunWorkPlay said...

That is crazy! I wish we could just be as rude back! Why do older people think they can do things like that?!?! I'd be way bugged!

Torre said...

Ugggh! That made me made just reading it!

The Moulton Family said...

Haha. I can completely hear your angry voice in my head as I read this post. Probably memories from back in the old school days with annoying parents.