Saturday, August 8, 2009

We've moved...again!

Well, once again (the 7th time in 5 years) we've moved. The family of the house we were house sitting for is coming home by the end of the month. She felt bad about kicking a 9 month pregnant lady out of her home but what can ya do?!? We still live in Slippery Rock but just moved into an apartment in town.

So now I've had to say good-bye to a few things and hello to some others:
Goodbye 3 bedroom house, hello 2 bedroom apartment
Goodbye garage, hello gravel parking lot
goodbye laundry room, hello laundry mat
goodbye dishwasher, hello jennifer
goodbye 3 bathrooms, hello 1 bathroom...not to mention the bathroom is upstairs making my million trips to the bathroom a day a little workout too!

Okay you get the point! We've really enjoyed living in this house and are very grateful for the opportunity to do so. We just only wish we could have stayed until Dustin graduated in April!

I did make a new friend out of this though! I'm becoming friends with the wife of the owner. She
has an almost 3 year-old boy and a 9 month-old baby girl and they live across the street.

I'll have to take some pictures soon. On the bright side, I figure a smaller place means less to clean!

2 comments:

Cassi said...

Yes, just keep looking for that silver lining...it's there somewhere :-)

Katie Rod said...

Moving when you are pregnant is the pits, but at least you'll be a little settled before the new baby comes! And apartment life isn't all bad, right? Ok, who am I kidding...Tom and I will be living in apartments during the grad school years, so we're right there with you. I hope you are still feeling well as you finish up these next few weeks.