Sunday, August 30, 2009

He's here!! Welcome Baby Jack Christopher!

Baby Jack Christoper was born Friday at 3:30 PM. He's doing great! He sleeps ALL the time! What a difference from his big sister! Well today is our first day at home so we'll see if he sleeps all night too!!


He was 7 lbs 12 oz and 20 inches long.
My labor story is pretty simple. I was induced on Friday at 7:30 am. My doctor scheduled the induction on Wednesday at my appointment. I was dialated 3 cm and I told the dr I was ready to have the baby by the weekend so she said she'd induce me. She broke my water at 7:30 and started Pitocin at 8. Nothing really happened for a few hours. I got an epidural at 10:30 even though I wasn't in any pain yet. I didn't want to miss my opportunity!! The nurse said I might as well not wait for pain so I didn't! I was really bored after that! I didn't bring anything to do because I thought being induced meant a lot of pain really fast. At 2:10 I started to feel some pressure and pain. It intensified extremely fast. I was dialated 8 cm. From then till 3:15 I had really incredible pain and lots and lots of pressure. I was fully dialated and needed to push at 3:15. I did and he was born at 3:30!
So I guess I'm grateful I only felt pain from 2:10-3:30 but it was some SERIOUS pain!!

He's doing great and is healthy. We just came home today so we'll see how life at home goes!!








10 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on a healthy baby boy! He is beautiful!? So, did the epidural just not work??!!! Too bad you had to go through all of that pain!

Katie Rod said...

Congrats!! He looks great as do you. And that pitocin stuff is pretty raunchy (as is labor!), but I am glad it is over and you have your beautiful new little baby. Good luck tonight with the sleep (or lack thereof)!

Katie said...

Congratulations!! He is adorable! I think he has some similar features to Kate...I can see some resemblance. Good luck adjusting to being home with two kids! Hope he keeps sleeping as much as possible for you.

The Blomquist Bunch said...

what a sweet little dude! congratulations on looking great your whole pregnancy and then having a darling baby, too! so happy for you guys--and baby kate looks like she'll be a sweet big sister. good luck with your new adventure, mommy of two!

Jessica said...

Congrats! You look wonderful. Get some sleep:)

Neal Esplin said...

ongratulations! He's such a beautiful little boy. Good luck at home. You guys will do great.

Mrs. S said...

Sorry, that last comment was from me, not Neal

Alys said...

Hey Jen,
I just saw your link on Kenna's blog and the title of your posting caught my eye. Congratulations on your new little baby boy. I am expecting my first, a little boy, on November 4th. So, I am getting way excited for him to come. Good luck with everything!
Alys Favero

Erica said...

Congrats girlie! You did it and now you have the most beautiful baby boy!!! And YOU - look amazing!!! Love you guys and can't wait to meet little Jack :)

Carolyn said...

Congratulations!! He's beautiful! So sorry that you had to go through the pain even with an epidural!