1. She loves to sing and dance! It's just too cute to watch.
2. She's a girl that knows what she wants. And always has been. Like when she wants to wear her snow boots in the house...even with no clothes on and in the middle of summer and dance around!

3. She knows about 30 words including but not limited to: mama, dada, hi, bye, baby, Elmo, ball, bubble, cheese, fish, shoes, Pappy/Pap, thanks, night night, doggie, catch, duck, quack, boo boo, moo (well actually it sounds like beuooo...if you can sound that out!) Jesus, cracker, cookie, bath, hip hip horray, up, no, amen, yuck, poop.
4. She has a really great sense of humor already! She cracks up at us or herself often. We have lots of fun together. She's really got quite the little personality!

5. Kate is a mama's girl. period.


6. The girl knows how to throw a tantrum. period.
7. She's a great eater most of the time. She loves fruits and veggies. Grapes are #1 at the top of her favorite food list. Followed by bananas, strawberries, green beans, and of course the beloved crackers that she begs me for all day and night. "ca ca" or "coo coo" is all I hear some days! (cracker or cookie)
8. Some of her favorite things to do include playing with her baby, Elmo, her blanket, reading books, playing outside, taking a bath and playing with her ball.
9. Kate is VERY friendly. She says hi to everyone in the stores and helps them push their cart sometimes, too. She LOVES to give hugs and kisses to her little friends!

10. She is by far the greatest blessing in my life. They say that a baby changes your life and I was prepared for the changes, physically. I knew there would be another person in the house I'd be taking care of but the emotional changes are beyond my description. She brings me the greatest joy. I love to watch her grow and learn. I love to hold her when she's scared or crying. I love to look into those big blue eyes as she says "Mama mama" ALL day long! I feel like I've found what I was meant to do. I love being a mother. Our children will probably never know the impact they have on us until they have their own someday. At this time I am so grateful for my own mother, who passed away 10 years ago, for all her love and sacrifice. I now understand her love for me.

Me and Kate: April 26, 2007

My mom and me: April 23, 1982


7 comments:
Wow Jen! What a great post. You almost made me cry, it's so touching. Kate is so adorable. What a blessing little girls are!
This makes me want to do one about Cooper! Super cute! I couldn't hear the video for some reason, that made me sad!
I absolutely love your blog. It is so beautiful. It makes me want to be a mom too! I hope I can be a great mom like you are to Kate. Lucky for me, you'll be around to give me pointers when the time comes.
Jen, what an adorable Blog about an adorable family. We miss you terribly in Utah but it looks like you guys are doing great and enjoying your new home. Kate is beautiful, I wish we could see her in person! Keep in touch, we send our love!
SHe is getting so tall, I just can't believe it! I remember when she was just sitting up. Wow, how time passes!
Jen,
It's Lindsay (Neveu) Hufford. Saw the link to your blog on your myspace page. Your post made me cry. I just had a little boy 5 weeks ago and your words really touched me. I hope you, Dustin, and Kate are doing well.
We also have a family blog on blogspot. You can see pictures of Connor, our new little one at nathanhufford.blogspot.com. Hope to talk to you soon!
Lindsay
How beautiful! I had not seen this photo before. The love legacy of motherhood continues....
Love,
Aunt Susan
Post a Comment