Sunday, August 24, 2008

Update after week 1

So we just finished up week 1 at the daycare and I thought I'd update you. Well I'll keep it short because I was taught that if I didn't have anything nice to say then I shouldn't say it at all! Overall, it wasn't good. I had an alright time with my kids. They seemed to warm up to me by the end of the week and started to listen. I feel pretty comfortable around them. My teacher side and my mom side worked well together to make it through the first week. So it was pretty good for me. However, Kate HATED almost every minute of it. She wouldn't eat or sleep and cried most of the day. In her defense, she is also getting 6-8 teeth all at the same time...her molars and her eye teeth. She had a fever of 100-102 every day and was just miserable. She falls asleep on the way home and is miserable until I put her to bed. By Friday, she cried as soon as I stepped into her daycare room in the morning. Needless to say, I'm not terribly excited to start a new week of this but let's just hope it will get better. (figure it can't get any worse!!) Cross your fingers. I'll keep you posted!
Here's Kate at a wedding reception on Saturday night. This girl had some serious sleep to catch up on this weekend!

5 comments:

Cassi said...

Oh, I feel so bad for her...and for you cuz i know that is super hard to see as a mom! How does nap time work there? Does she get to sleep at all? Hang in there Jen & Kate, I'm sure it will get better!

Katie said...

Oh man, sorry the first week didn't go so well. I'm sure it'll get better when she isn't dealing with teething as well as a new situation. Good luck, hang in there!!

Unknown said...

teething ruins everything! Quincey was always good at being left in nursery until he started getting his molars in... and now he screams!! hope this week goes better!

Carolyn said...

Poor Kate! Like you said...this week can't be any worse. I'm sure it'll get better. Good Luck!

Mrs. S said...

Congrats on the new job! It will get better. New things are always hard at first. I'm so happy that this has worked our for you so well. Keep going and pretty soon it will be routine and you can say, "wow, remember when..."