So I've been thinking a lot lately about how big Kate is getting and how fast time goes. I can't believe she's already big enough to be crawling around the house and standing up on furniture. Not to mention throwing little tantrums when I lay her down when she doesn't want to be laying down or pick her up when she doesn't want to be picked up. But also the laughs and giggles she shares with you while you're playing with her. I was looking at some pictures from when she was first born and thought I'd share some. Some of my friends shared their birth story on their blogs so here is my long story short... I went into labor on my due date-just barely...it was midnight and just turned April 25th. I layed awake all night and finally went to the hospital at 6:30 AM. They kept me for a labor check but they sent me home because I didn't dialate anymore in the hour I was there. (with a shot of morphine to help with the pain) I finally went back to the hospital at 3:30 that afternoon. (So that was that pain they were talking about when they said you should come to the hospital!) I couldn't walk or talk I was in so much pain! Here is where the long story is cut short- Kate was born at 5:30 AM the next morning, April 26th, after 29 hours of labor and 30 minutes of pushing. What a long 29 hours! She was the most beautiful thing we'd ever seen! She weighed 6 lbs 11 oz and was 19 inches long. I'm not good with sharing my feelings on the blog...but all you moms out there know exactly what I was feeling when I saw her, held her, kissed her, and soothed her. She is such a blessing in our lives. I love her so much!! Here are lots of pics as I stroll down memory lane...
So I loved that stroll down memory lane because I feel like we experienced everything together! I miss you guys so much :) I remember walking into your hospital room and not believing that that dark haired baby was yours. She was awfully cute though :) Then the sticker...we totally forgot about that thing! And the picture from our day in the park. Good times. All of those times hold such a special place in my heart :) We luv ya!
I miss you guys a lot. I am glad you are doing so well, and loved reading more about Kate's birth. I hope she knows how much you went through for her!!!! ;) They are worth it though, I suppose.
"Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were here an hour old I would die for you. This is the miracle of life." ~Maureen Hawkins
I am a stay-at-home mom of 2 little cuties! They keep me quite busy! But I'll keep you updated on our life so you can enjoy this wonderful journey with us!
4 comments:
I love all that dark hair!!! What a fun post!
So I loved that stroll down memory lane because I feel like we experienced everything together! I miss you guys so much :) I remember walking into your hospital room and not believing that that dark haired baby was yours. She was awfully cute though :) Then the sticker...we totally forgot about that thing! And the picture from our day in the park. Good times. All of those times hold such a special place in my heart :) We luv ya!
I miss you guys a lot. I am glad you are doing so well, and loved reading more about Kate's birth. I hope she knows how much you went through for her!!!! ;) They are worth it though, I suppose.
So fun to see baby Kate again! She still has the same little face, just older! Miss you and hope you guys enjoyed the holidays.
Post a Comment