Saturday, May 1, 2010

Thank God for Good People

I just had one of the nicest experiences of my life :)

We went out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant in Grove City. We got there right at dinner time and it was really packed. They had to seat us at a table joining another table of 4. They started talking to us and were very nice. They adored the kids and couldn't stop talking to them and oohing and ahhing over Jack. :)

Anyways...
The guy next to me was super nice. As soon as I sat down next to him I felt like I knew him. He was very friendly. He overhead me talking to Dustin about a financial budget I want to implement for us. I was saying that maybe we could budget for one restaurant night a month. And we talked to them about being in Slippery Rock while Dustin was going to school, how our kids were crazy at the restaurant because we never go out to eat and yadee yada.

Well they go to leave and he leans over and says, "you guys enjoy another meal this month because this meal is on me. I paid your meal for you." I nearly started crying!! What a sweet gesture!! There really are good people in this world!!

I am so grateful for good people!! He really made our day!

6 comments:

EatRunWorkPlay said...

That is really nice! LOVE people like that!

Sharon said...

I'm so glad you got to enjoy your night out and that you will be able to do it again.There was a reason they where there and so pack god put people in the right place at the right time.I'm sure there are more good things to come your way.Love you

Alys said...

That is so nice. It is good there are wonderful people put there. Reminds me the world is not such a bad place.

Erica said...

how sweet. love those tender moments and the people who do that. i hope to be that one day.

Mrs. S said...

That's so sweet!

Kristyn said...

I too hope to be someone like that. What a great guy. Enjoy the budgeting - that's totally something I love and hate at the same time. :)