It's time...attempt #2 of the binky removal has begun! It started last night for bed because I forgot her binky at daycare yesterday. I do have another one but I just thought maybe it would be a good opportunity to try again. She's just so dependent on it to sleep. She was up so much last night without it and cried all morning. I'm started to get annoyed! She walks in my room twice a night to help me find her binky that she dropped while sleeping. I just can't do it anymore!
I've been contemplating whether or not she'll ever be "ready" or if it just might be harder for her than other kids. A couple kids at daycare have gotten rid of theirs lately and they never care from day one. So I thought that meant they were "ready" and Kate was not. But maybe that's not the case. I think it will be easier now before the baby comes because then I'll really need my sleep and Kate's naps on track!
So I really need your support!! I know I said this last time then quit after a week but it HAS to happen this time...even if it takes longer than a week...right?!?!!?
PLEASE HELP!!
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
You can do it! Just get rid of it completely. Throw them all away - then you won't be able to go back. It will take some time but it will be over soon enough :)
You can do it, put your back into it ;-) It'll all be a memory soon and she'll have forgotten it all together! Just know that it will be bad for the first little bit, maybe even a little longer than a bit, but she will get over it. Stay strong! (and I agree with Erica, get rid of them all so in a moment of weakness you are not tempted to give it to her)
Hey, I have a similar problem, except I can't throw mine away, cuz it is attached to his hand. Lucky! You can do it!!
just don't give in this time you can do it and remember its for the best
I hate breaking habits! Did you try cutting them slightly? My sister did that and her son totally lost interest because it wasn't the same. I agree that it will be easier before your little boy is born. That way her new habits will be established and all you'll have to focus on is adjusting to your new "normal" with the baby. Good luck. We're going to have to break M soon of finger sucking...but I'm not sure how to do that because we can't exactly cut them off... Sigh. Maybe you can help me then!
Post a Comment