Monday, April 28, 2008

Our Elmo Extravaganza!!

Kate's 1st birthday party was yesterday and boy did we have a blast!! It was, of course, Elmo themed. Elmo was everywhere. Kate was walking around all day pointing and saying "ELMO!" I'm pretty sure she loved it!! I didn't get any good pictures of the decorations...but there were balloons, streamers, and elmo printed everything everywhere!!
Our Elmo invitations (thanks Erica for the help!!)

On Saturday, Kate got to meet Elmo!! Talk about a dream come true for one little one year old!

I decided to try my hand at making a fancy cake!! Here is the Elmo cake I made!! The second cake is another cake we had made by Grandma and Aunt Deenie. We had enough cake from that one that we didn't even end up cutting my cake. We are freezing it and are going to eat it in a few weeks. We can't let all that hard work go to waste!


The Birthday girl


Presents





We sung happy birthday in the house and were going to go back outside where we were eating (and where Kate's high chair was) to give her her cake...well as you see, she dug right in on my lap. She devoured her cake!

Pinata time!

Kate had enough! She was beat by the end of night. Here she is lounging in her new sing and spin Elmo chair from Pappy! (Watching Elmo to end the day!)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

love it! That elmo cake was amazing! I would never want to cut into it, if i made that cake. So cute that she loves Elmo so much. What a smart baby! How many words can she say now? Happy Birthday to Kate.

Katie said...

Happy B-day Kate! I can't believe she is one! Her birthday party looked like so much fun! And your cake looks awesome!

Mrs. S said...

What an amazing birthday! Every one year old's dream! I can't believe she is one! How did that creap up on us so fast!!! Happy Birthday Kate

Carolyn said...

Happy Birthday Kate! That looked like an outstanding party!! Jen, I love the cake!

loyallopposition said...

Happy Birthday Kate!
We love and miss you guys,
the Grants

Cassi said...

Awesome cake jen! I'm so proud! Kate can say elmo now? What else can she say? Coop can say mamma, dadda and b-b-b and then he can babble. I would really like for him to talk but if he wants something he just nods his head really hard and hopes that I guess what he wants. It can be frustrating, so it'd be nice if he started talking. Way to go Kate!

Allison said...

How fun! My kids loved Elmo too! How can you not love Elmo! Your party looked like lots of fun! The look on Kate's face in all the pictures was great! She was one happy girl! Love it!!!