Saturday, May 3, 2008

I've been having a really difficult week with kate this week. I don't know if any of you experienced this when your little one turned one but it's been a challenge. I don't know if it's from her shots (which made her sick) or just that's she's having a really bad week. Or she's miss independent. I have to give her food a certain way or she spits it out and throws it on the floor. I have to hold her at all times of the day if she wants me to or I have scratches on my neck from when she didn't want me to anymore. We spend hours every day outside at the playground because that's what makes her happy. Anyways...the joys of motherhood. This post is really to post some of the really cute things Kate has been doing lately...despite the challenges she's still my favorite person in the whole wide world!

*She loves dogs! She barks anytime she sees a dog, hears a dog, sees her stuffed animal dog, or we mention dogs!

*(To answer some of your questions about Kate's vocabulary) She says hi, bye, daddy, mama, Elmo, baby, doggie

*She did the sign for more yesterday for the first time! I've showed it to her before but I always forget to work on it. It's been at least a month since I've even done the sign to her. So she pretty much just did it out of the blue!


*She loves to blow her own nose lately. Like I said, she's sick so I've been wiping her nose all the time. She just started picking up tissues and holding them to her own nose and actually blowing!! So now if I hold it there and say blow, she does!!

4 comments:

Cassi said...

Coop's getting a little bit of attitude. I think they are just discovering the boundaries. It can be difficult for sure! And, I loved getting your email but I have not had time to respond since any time I get out the computer, Coop has to push the buttons. But I will. I'm going to call you as soon as my bluetooth gets here too.

Mrs. S said...

How cute! I can't get over how big she is! I feel like I say that to you all the time, but its just so true!!!

Anonymous said...

She's so big already!!! I think we should go to a museum or zoo soon!! We have to pick a day. I guess Saturdays would be out of the question though. hmmm... we'll see. :)

Unknown said...

I love the videos. Kate is definitely an independent woman!