So I was super excited about my night I had planned tonight. I was going to go to Ikea after dinner to get a dresser and look around at some other things for the house...by myself. I hurried out after dinner with a smile on my face. But then I was getting a little frustrated while shopping because I suck at shopping...I should never be left alone to shop and make decisions. Plus I'm just a really bad decorator and really need help!! Anyways...I was just feeling defeated. (Although I did get a dresser...so that's good.) Well, I walk in the door and the house is a disaster area. Dustin is sitting on the computer and the kids are in bed. And the house is a MESS. I guess I should have just stayed home. Dinner dishes were still exactly where I left them, the table hadn't even been wiped off from dinner, popcorn kernels were all over the living room floor and toys were everywhere. It took me 45 minutes just to be able to sit down and watch american idol. :) (Probably would have been sooner...had I had any help??)
Sorry about the rant...please tell me this happens to you sometimes, too!?!?! I know the blogs I read are usually filled with how great your husbands are and all the sweet things they do for you... LOL not this blog!! :O)
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
yes, it happened to me too. I guess we are just not those lovly dovey wives! My suggestion will be having a checklist for the hubby. Write down every single thing you except him to do, and make the list pretty much the same each time. After a few time, I bet he would get the idea what you want him to do while you are out.
Men are like kids(as we all know), you need to be very patient and consistent. =)
You sound exactly like me when it comes to shopping and decorating. I'm terrible at it! Don't worry about the rant. Sometimes we just need to get things off our chests!
I had Young Women last night and left after I scarfed down my dinner. I came home to nothing put away and no dishes done. The kitchen is still a mess this morning and I am just now going to get to it. So, I felt the same way last night, but I unlike you did not have the motivation to do it. I was too tire.
I love reading reality! I think we've all been there!
we all have our days. you just needed to me to be shopping with you - that would have made it all better :)
Post a Comment