Sunday, November 8, 2009

Just like cinderella

Let me preface this by telling you our sleep struggles. I've been REALLY trying to get Kate to go to sleep by herself this week. She usually needs us to "pat her" until she's dead asleep. 80% of the time she wakes back up before you tip-toe out of the room. Anyways...I decided to put an end to it!This was Kate during her nap today. She told me yesterday she wanted to sleep like Cinderella (the scene where she is laying on her bed with her pillow over her head)

Dustin read her a book and left her to go to sleep on her own. When he looked in on her she was reading a book by herself. Then we heard her little feet pitter pattering for a few minutes. When I went to check on her, this is what I found!

But I'm so proud of her for going to sleep all by herself!




Also...she's been walking around in her princess dress and cinderella shoes getting ready for her wedding (after all the cinderella slipper does fit her!)

I think we've been watching a lot of cinderella lately!

PS. Notice she's sleeping in her bed?!?! Crazy!!

4 comments:

Cassi said...

So adorable! Amazing what kids pick up from movies!

Sharon said...

she is to much

Katie Rod said...

Very cute...I am amazed how much kids remember from movies. And hooray for her sleeping on her own!!! It is SO nice when kids will just go to sleep without a fight. We're still working on that, but it's good to know that your little one is capable of doing it. It gives me hope!

Mrs. S said...

That's so cute! I love the things kids do.