Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Contemplation
I've been contemplating my life lately. I notice a common theme in my blog...every post is about my kids. Now, I do have really cute kids :) but this has been on my mind alot lately. I've been bothered by the fact that I don't have anything else going on in my life right now. I AM more than just a mom. Right?? I'd like to think I am. I think it's important to be. I think a balanced life would be more fulfilling. However, I really am "just" a mom right now. Surely I have to have some talent or hobby, right? NOPE. Surely I have something more to give. I truly LOVE being a mom. Kate is seriously one of my favorite people in the world and baby Jack is shaping up to be pretty amazing too! But I still want more. Is that so wrong? I can be a friend, a wife, a daughter, a sister...yet day in and day out...I do nothing more than take care of my kids. I am a mom. SIGH.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
'Tis the season of life, huh!? Sometimes I feel almost guilty like I should be doing more, but really when it comes down to it being a mom is the most important thing I can be doing right now. And you sure do have cute kids...I love seeing your posts about them. :)
Yes you should do things for yourself. For sure!
Some days I feel that way too. Those are the days I get a lot of scrapbooking done, a lot of pictures taken, a lot of cakes decorated, and a good workout in. And then I feel better:-) Gotta find that outlet...and it doesn't matter what it is,, as long as it makes you happy! (and by the way, you are a fantabulous mother and that is a great thing to be good at!)
I feel the same way. I definitely love having my outlets of things that are just for me - no kiddos involved. But sometimes I get so consumed with those that I forget that I really should be focused on my babies more importantly - not 'everything' else. So find a balance for yourself, but know that it's okay to 'just be a mom' right now too.
I know the feeling... :)
Jen,
I think what you are feeling is very common. I know I have days where I do only "mom" stuff. I am sure you feel 10x this way with a toddler AND a newborn. This can be especially hard when you used to work before kids, as we did. But I take comfort in knowing that I am the best caregiver for C and feel so blessed that we are in a position that I can stay home.
But it is still important to do things for your personal growth. I do a Bible study with women of all ages on Thursday nights. It is really nice because some of the women have adult children and I get a little glimpse of all the things they do now that their children are grown. I also workout early every morning with a great group of women. I hope you find something that will give you an outlet. I am around if you ever need to talk :)
Post a Comment