Monday, July 13, 2009

Family vacation to Erie

This weekend we took our first family camping vacation! We went to Erie, Pa which is about an hour or so from where we live now. We had lots of fun. Kate loves to go camping. By the end I was ready to get home and back to normal...especially with Kate but it was fun.
Weekend recap:
Friday: got to the campground around 7:30, set up our tent, played at the playground, roasted hot dogs and marshmallows over a fire.

Kate and Dustin setting up the tent. Kate loved playing in the big tent!
Sitting around the fire roasting marshmallows

Saturday: played at the playground more, got showers...got out of the shower to find a gigantic downpour and thunderstorm that lasted for over 2 hours straight. It was really pouring! We made the best of it by sitting in our tent and watching a movie while watching the rain flood into our tent!! We finally decided to call Dustin's uncle who lives in Erie and went to visit for a few hours while Kate napped and the rain stopped. Then it cleared up and the sun tried to come out so we went to the beach for a few hours. We made a fire again that night and sat around the fire for a little while.
Our campsite in the middle of the rain!

Watching Toy Story

SO excited to be at the beach for the first time!
Dustin taking Kate into Lake Erie
All ready for Daddy to take her in even further!!

Sunday: We enjoyed a delicious free pancake breakfast the campground provided, packed up our stuff to check out then went to Waldemeer water and amusement park. We just planned on going to the water park but after being there for just 2 hours Kate couldn't stand looking at all the rides without going on them. So we headed over to the amusement park and spent the rest of the day there. Although very far from relaxing for me like I had initially expected, it was fun. Kate had a blast. She loves to ride rides.

The lazy river and the yellow slide were her favorites!


So now my body is screaming at me to relax today. Even though I'm still surrounded by lots of unpacking, cleaning and laundry I'm getting ready to lay down on the couch for a while! Kate has (knock on wood) been an angel so far today. We went to the library for story time from 10-11 and she's been playing non-stop BY HERSELF since we got back almost 2 hours ago!! She needed to get back to normal at her own home too!

OKAY and now call me crazy but I thought I'd include a lovely and beautiful picture of me at the water park!! Yes...I may be looking bigger and please don't take too close of a look at my chin (I'm looking down creating an illusion of a fat chin!!) And I didn't know Dustin was taking my picture so I couldn't even pose!! :)

1 comment:

Sharon said...

love all the pics and you look cute and I didn't see the fat chin till I read what you said