Saturday, November 22, 2008

Tidbits


~Kate's new vocabulary includes:
*sit down, get down, lay down
*baby's sleeping
*what happened?
*oooohhh mannnn (like as in after she spilled her cereal or can't get her food on her spoon!)
*my turn, Kate's turn
*snowman, Santa Claus
*lots of new animals like elephant, horsey, pig, bunny, chicken, kitty, birdie, lion
*triangle, star, heart (she can name these correctly)
*SO many more...this girl is outta control

Aunt Melissa taught her this!


~Today she pointed to all the parts on my face and named them just for fun...including eyes, nose, mouth (mouf), ears, chin, cheeks, hair (I didn't know she knew cheeks and chin?!)

~She eats all the marshmallows out of the Lucky Charms then asks for more.

~She has gone on the potty once every day so far that she's been in the 2 year old room at daycare.

~She LOVES football! She's gone to quite a few high school games this year and loves it!! On the way to daycare we pass a field and she always says "yeaaaa football!"

~Her tantrums are NOT improving.



~She spent the night at Grandma and Pappy's Thursday night. (Dustin and I went to a Steelers game!) That was the FIRST time EVER away from her mama!!

Kate woke up from her nap while I was typing this post and this girl cracks me up. I went up to get her and she did something that made me laugh and she says "funny! funny!" Then she pointed at the radio and said "music on." Who even knew she knew how to say that? Then we went to go down stairs and she pointed and said "stairs, step, step, two, three, four." What happened while she was sleeping?!?

I tried sponge curlers in Kate's hair overnight! I couldn't get a good picture and I think these make it look worse than it did. Everyone at daycare thought it was so adorable!! I was thinking about doing it for her Christmas pics but I'm not sure yet. I think it looks kinda silly.




We went to Chuck E. Cheese's the other day for a birthday party. Kate had a blast! Her surprised face is the face she made every time the ride stopped.

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Could your child get any cuter??
It's crazy how much they know at such a young age, blows my mind.

Katie said...

I can't believe she talks so much! How fun is that!? She was 18 months old before you ever were apart from her?! THAT is crazy! How did you pull that off??? Does she have separation anxiety or is she ok? Hey, but she's in nursery now, right! Hopefully she likes that...we cannot wait to hit that milestone!

Carolyn said...

What a little smartie! I love the curly hair. So cute!

Cassi said...

On the potty already? Holy cow!!! I haven't even broached that subject with Cooper. I don't even want to think about it right now! But good for you? How is nursery going for Kate?

Unknown said...

I love the curly hair! Quincey's first and only night away from me was when I was in the hospital after having Maiya... (so at 18 months) I missed him like crazy! I really had so much fun getting to know you and I miss you a lot.
The End

Katie said...

Hey Jen! I think I have an old address for you. Will you send me your new one? katierholley (at) gmail (dot) com Thanks!!

The Blomquist Bunch said...

OH MY you have a cute kid! I can't believe how much personality is in that little girl! And her vocabulary is awesome! What a fun time you must be having with your little Kate. Reminds me so much of baby Aubrey. Our Emmi, on the other hand, is taking her sweet time with vocab and such. She's hilarious, but doesn't speak. Does lots of head nodding and shaking though :)