Monday, October 20, 2008

HELP! Hair Emergency!

What am I supposed to do with Kate's hair?? We really want to grow her bangs out. But what do I do in the meantime? And even when they are grown out, her hair is so fine that it will probably just be hanging in her face anyways.

So if I want her to not have bangs, do I have to wear her hair in a ponytail until she's 5?? I really like her hair when her bangs are swept to the side but they don't really stay.


I even tried gel! It works pretty good for a while. When I'm at home with her I just push her hair out the way a lot but since she's at daycare it's just a pain. So I need help!! What do you do with your kids or what do you think would look best on Kate??!??

8 comments:

Katie said...

Sorry I don't really have anything helpful to say. I do a lot of brushing the hair out of the eyes, too. If I come up with anything good, I'll let you know. But meanwhile, my goodness Kate is cute! I love her long hair!!

The Moulton Family said...

Little pigtails that stick straight up or straight out like Cindy-Lou-Hoo. Tiny barettes that sweep her hair to the side.

Erica said...

I obviously LOVE Kate's no bang hair (hence Brooklyn's exact style too) but I don't have any advice for ya on what to do. I will be checking whoever comments on your blog to find advice for my rag muffin as well :)

Cassi said...

Just do little barretts that sweep it to the side. She'd look adorable like that!

Carolyn said...

Maybe a little cute headband. Course I don't know if she'd keep it in her hair or not though. Kate sure is a cutie though, no matter what you do to her hair.

Anonymous said...

This is late, way lat but congratulations you too. Dustin drop me a line sometime. Brandon -Elder Grable
brandongrab@yahoo.com

Leah Florence said...

whatever you do you wont be able to mess up her adorable face..she is one of those kids that would look cute bald!

Mrs. S said...

Here's my solution: Get a water bottle (or no tangles hair spray), hair gel, a comb or one of those 1980's hair brushes with all the bristles (they work great for that fine hair) and use them in that order. (i.e. wet her hair slightly, use the gel, then comb it how you want it and put in one of those small rubberbands. Maddy fights me a lot when I do it, but I'm determined to do it everyday and she is getting much better. I also try to do her hair when she's eating or something else that is distracting her. Hope that helps! Miss you guys!