Sunday, January 3, 2010

I take that back...

So I just posted that yesterday about Jack NOT taking a bottle. Well I tried again yesterday evening. This time I gave him an ounce of breastmilk first then made formula. I kept making 2 ounces at a time and he ended up eating 6 ounces!! Then I pumped and only got 3 ounces. So I figure he probably has been pretty hungry for a few weeks!!

Well...that sounds great, right?? So I've been giving him a 2 or so ounce bottle after I nurse him. It was working out great until this afternoon when he decided HE DOES NOT WANT TO NURSE?!? WHAT?? I am at my in-laws so I don't have a pump and He WILL NOT nurse!! It's been about 8-10 hours!! I guess he's just following orders! Let's hope we get this figured out soon, little boy!!

5 comments:

Katie Rod said...

hahahaha...oh, those little babies just can't make up their minds!!! I had a similar problem with Caleb (he would scream after nursing because he wasn't getting enough, but I didn't know it at the time). It's so frustrating. I hope things work out with nursing, pumping, formula and all the stress that goes along with it! :)

Mrs. S said...

How funny! I swear just when I think I have my children figured out they surprise me!

Sharon said...

didnt it take a little bit for kate to get adjusted to?

Unknown said...

Funny little Jack! He is the sweetest looking little baby. Hope you are doing good! I miss you.

Alys said...

That has to be a little frustrating trying to figure this baby out. Good luck!